IBM, while they certainly do offer a number of business services, offers so much more than that. They have some of the best product solutions on the market today for a number of different types of business needs. One of the biggest needs is that of storage. With the massive amount of data and information that is coming into companies on a regular basis, it can be almost impossible to capture it all and store it efficiently. It is taking up too much space, and it becomes difficult to manage. This can cause lost time and lost revenue.
The right storage solutions are essential, and some of the best certainly come from IBM. They have disk, hybrid disk, and flash storage options that offer a number of excellent features and options including virtualization, thin provisioning, automated tiers, and real time compression. This ensures more efficiency, and it can actually allow companies to store more data in less space, all while making it as easy as possible to manage. It improves the performance, and it lowers the cost.
They have a variety of systems that can work well for many different needs. Those who are entry level companies will likely do well with the IBM Storwize V3700. Midrange companies will excel with IBM Storwize V7000 and the V7 3700 Unified, the IBM Flex System V700, IBM Storwize V5000, DCS 3860 and DCS 3700. The larger enterprise companies need something thatâ€™s a bit more robust. The DS8000, SONAS, and IBM XIV are good solutions.
IBM also makes excellent storage software products that may be a good component to add to a companyâ€™s system. The software will make it easier for users to manage their primary and backup data, and it ensures you have data availability when you need it. The software offers a number of benefits including:
- Analytics, which can help to predict usage patterns, allowing companies to set accurate app performance goals. This can help to reduce cost of storage by up to 50% in some cases.
- It reduces the cost of backup infrastructure, and can help to increase protection for data.
- It allows for the optimization of the software for all different environments â€“ cloud, virtual, and physical.
- It reduces the number of errors in data storage.
- It can help to ensure cloud readiness for those who may want to move fully to the cloud in the future.
- It makes management for storage very simple, eliminating the need to bring a storage expert into the company.
- It reduces the risk of data loss.
- It allows users to create restores quickly and efficiently.
- Thereâ€™s also better visibility, so users will be able to ensure that their data is safe and protected.
These are just some of the biggest benefits to implementing their storage software. Their systems will often work with software from other vendors, so it may not be necessary to choose this option. However, it works quite well, and it is simple enough to integrate and use that there is a very low learning curve.